Summary of FDTC's Graduate Survey 2003
The results of the Florence-Darlington Technical College's (FDTC) annual Graduate Evaluation Survey 2003 are attached for appraisal. The Graduate Evaluation is administered annually to the graduates in attendance at the graduation rehearsal in May of the respective year. On May 13, 2003, three hundred eighty one (381) students completed the survey. Highlights of the results are listed below. The report of statistics related to the full report is on file in the FDTC Office of Research for review.
Graduate Considerations of FDTC and the Future
- Purpose for attending FDTC- 63% of the graduates stated that they attended FDTC to prepare for career advancement or improvement of existing job skills.
- 72% of FDTC 2003 Graduates said they would consider FDTC for additional educational needs.
- 79% of the Graduates responded that they accomplished their educational goals.
- 77% said they would recommend FDTC to a friend or relative.
- 63% of the Graduates plan to use the skills they acquired at FDTC to either maintain their current job or find a new one.
Graduates rated Student Services with the differentiations noted below.
- Admission Services- 73% Excellent to Good
- Assessment Center Services- 71% Excellent to Fair
- Registrar Services- 63% Excellent to Good
- Career Services- 65% Excellent to Fair
- Job Placement- 55% Excellent to Fair
- Registration Process- 68% Excellent to Fair
- Financial Aid- 72% Excellent to Fair
- Success Center- 69% Excellent to Fair
- Library Service- 79% Excellent to Fair
- WebAdvisor- 63% Excellent to Fair
- FDTC Website- 64% Excellent to Fair
- Veterans Affairs- 73% of the Graduates who answered this question rated this service Excellent to Good
- Faculty Advisor- 62% Excellent to Good
- Student Activities- 63% Excellent to Fair
Students stated the following observations about their educational programs:
- General Education- 71% Excellent to Good
- Course Content in program Area- 76% Excellent to Fair
- Quality of Instruction- 82% Excellent to Fair
- Students are notified early in the term if they are doing poorly in class- 50% Very Satisfied to Satisfied
- My academic advisor helped me set goals to work toward- 70% Very Satisfied to Satisfied
- My academic advisor was concerned about my success as an individual- 71% Very Satisfied to Satisfied
- Faculty takes into consideration student differences as they teach a course- 70% Very Satisfied to Satisfied
- The quality of instruction I receives in most of my classes was excellent- 71% Very Satisfied to Satisfied
- Course variety- 67% Excellent to Good
- College Transfer Procedures- 49% Excellent to Good
- Classroom Facilities- 60% Excellent to Good
- Laboratory Facilities- 71% Excellent to Fair
- Instructor availability outside of class-65% Excellent to Good
- Preparation in written communication Skills- 63% Excellent to Good
- Preparation in general computer skills- 63% Excellent to Good
- Preparation in word processing- 56% Excellent to Good
- Preparation for future occupations-61% Excellent to Good
Education Contribution to Personal Growth
Student responses to the question, "How did your educational experience at FDTC contribute to your personal growth?" are as follows:
- Speaking effectively- 69% Very Much to Some
- Comprehension of written materials and documents- 64% very Much to Some
- Applying math to my daily life- 61% Very Much to Some
- Organizational skills- 67% Very Much to Some
- Determining personal career goals- 66% Very Much to Some
- Developing job hunting skills in your area of education- 59% Very Much to Some
- Self confidence in expressing your ideas- 65% Very Much to Some
- Learning on your own- 69% Very Much to Some
- Working cooperatively with other- 66% Very Much to Some
- Understanding different philosophies- 56% Very Much to Some
- Developing self reliance- 63% Very Much to Some
- Problem solving skills- 63% Very Much to Some
- Decision making skills- 61% Very Much to Some
- Understanding of Human Relations- 57% Very Much to Some
Discovery Question 2003
2003 Graduates offered the following opinions when asked about customer service at FDTC.
- The customer service that I received during my time at FDTC was -60% Excellent to Good