Caterpillar Dealer Academy - How to Apply
Student Selection Procedures
- Students who wish to become members of the Caterpillar Dealer Academy should make application early in the spring semester (January-March) if possible. This will allow time for processing financial aid packages, identification of preparatory class needs, sponsorship acquisition, etc. The application process includes the following:
- Complete Florence-Darlington Technical College Application for Admission.
- Complete the student assessment process. (Includes placement testing.)
- Submit a current official driving record.
- Remove preparatory class needs prior to the start of the program.
- Sign and return the Caterpillar Dealer Service Technician Program Release of Information Form.
- Students who successfully complete the Admission process are eligible to interview with the Caterpillar Dealership. The interview should take place at the dealership and participant's goals should be discussed. All students must have a dealer sponsor before enrollment can be completed.
- After acceptance by Florence-Darlington Technical College and the Caterpillar Dealership the student will be formally admitted into the Caterpillar Dealer Academy.
To begin the application process complete an online Florence-Darlington Technical College application by accessing the following site: Florence-Darlington Technical College.
For additional information or assistance contact Myrtis Knotts at Florence-Darlington Tech @ 843.661.8188 or by email at Myrtis.Knotts@fdtc.edu