ESAB School of Welding and Cutting Technology - Short Courses
- Basic welding shop safety
- Gas Metal Arc Welding fundamentals
- Wire selection & classification
- Solid understanding of power source & wire feed units
The Student develops the skills to make quality welds on steel plate from 1/8" to 3/8" in all positions.
The Student must successfully complete an open root guided bend test on 3/8" plate welded in the horizontal and vertical position.
The Student must successfully complete
- several visual tests
- a bend test on 3/8" plate
- both root and face v-groove as well as t-joint fillet weld break tests.