Transient Students Attending FDTC
Transient students seeking financial aid for attendance at FDTC must contact their home institution. (The home institution is the college that will issue your college degree.) Your home institution will determine financial aid eligibility.
The transient student should take the following procedures when setting up payment arrangements:
- Follow through with the home institution to ensure payment will be made to FDTC
- Contact FDTC's Business Office to see if funds have been forwarded from your home institution, and complete necessary paperwork.
IMPORTANT: Complete the steps above quickly so that the funds can be processed before classes are purged at FDTC. Due to processing time, it is possible that you may be required to pay your fees before aid is available. If you do plan to pay for the courses, you must pay the fees at FDTC's Business Office.
FDTC Students Attending Another Institution
FDTC students wanting to take classes at another college must take the following steps:
- Complete a transient/consortium agreement. This form must be approved by your academic dean.
- After approval and completion of the first page of the transient agreement, the second page of the form must be completed by the college one plans to attend.
- Submit completed form to FDTC's Financial Aid Center.
YOU CANNOT RECEIVE FINANCIAL AID FROM TWO INSTITUTIONS DURING THE SAME SEMESTER. THE FINANCIAL AID CAN ONLY BE DISBURSED FROM ONE INSTITUTION WITH A COMPLETED TRANSIENT AGREEMENT.