- Self-help aid (must be repaid)
- Repayment begins six months after the student graduates or ceases to be enrolled on at least a half-time basis.
- Provides loans of up to $3,500.00 for the 1st year and up to $4,500.00 for the 2nd year.
- Rate of interest is fixed at 6.0 percent for subsidized loans and 6.8 percent for unsubsidized loans.
- Offers subsidized** or unsubsidized*** loans. (One can receive both loans for the same enrollment period. The total subsidized loan cannot exceed a yearly amount of $3,500 for
first year students and $4,500 for second year students. The total unsubsidized loan cannot exceed a yearly amount of $2,000 for dependent students and $6,000 for independent students.)
- See Student Loan Default Prevention Program.
- Federal Stafford Loan Exit Counseling must be completed after the student graduates or withdraws from the college.
A student must...
- Be a U.S. citizen, or eligible non-citizen.
- Be enrolled at least 6 credit hours in an eligible program. (If you are enrolled at least 6 credit hours per semester,
you will receive the total amount of your loan awarded each semester.)
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- NOT be in default on other student loans.