- A student applying for Academic Renewal at Florence-Darlington Technical College must first submit an application for re-admission to Florence-Darlington Technical College and be accepted as a student in a certificate, diploma, or degree program.
- Once his/her program acceptance has been confirmed, the student must schedule an appointment with the Registrar who will explain the Academic Renewal Policy and verify the student's eligibility.
- The Registrar completes the top portion of the Academic Renewal application and signs the form confirming that the student is eligible.
- The student signs the application form indicating that he/she wishes to apply for Academic Renewal and understands its purpose and associated conditions.
- The Registrar informs the student's Department Head and the Director of Financial Aid that the student has been granted Academic Renewal, and makes the appropriate changes in the student's permanent academic record.