South Carolina Military Department offers the following programs:
- SC Army National Guard College Assistance (SCARNG-CAP)
- SC Air National Guard College Assistance (SCANG-CAP)
- CAP Funds can be used towards any certificate/license, associate or bachelor program. There is no penalty for changing majors of study. Students can continue to use these funds for each level until they reach the $18,000 cap or receive a bachelor's degree.
- Be a qualified member of the SC National Guard or SC Air National Guard.
- Be in good standing throughout the entire academic year for which benefits are payable.
- Have valid tuition and fee expenses from an eligible institution.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress identified by the school.