Veterans Tuition Assistance Program
All programs of study offered at the Main Campus at Florence-Darlington Technical College are approved for VA benefits. For questions concerning continuing education courses please contact 843.413.2715.
The Regional Veteran Affairs Office, not FDTC, determines eligibility for VA education benefits. The VA authorizes education benefits to students based on the information that students provide them. Please click on the links below to learn more about the eligibility requirements for VA benefits and how to use these benefits at FDTC. If you require assistance in determining what benefits would be best for you to use, please use the Comparison Tool or call the Regional Veteran Affairs Regional Office at 1-888-442-4551.
FDTC is approved for training under Title 38 of the U.S. Code for the following programs:
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 30
- Vocational Rehabilitation - Chapter 31
- Post-Vietnam Era Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 32
- Post 9/11 GI Bill - Chapter 33
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 35
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 1606
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 1607
Other programs certain veterans may qualify for are as follows:
- The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship)
- State Free Tuition (To learn how to use these benefits at FDTC click here)
Can't find the information you are looking for? Visit our Veteran FAQ.
Refund Policy for Veterans and Eligible Non-Degree Persons Under Title 38 U.S. Code
Advance payment of fees and other charges by eligible persons under Title 38 U. S. Code who fail to enter, withdraw, or who are discontinued prior to completion of the course, will be refunded in an amount which does not vary more than 10% from the exact pro-rata portion of such fees and other charges that the length of the completed portion of the course bears to its total length. The exact pro-rata will be determined by the ratio of number of days of instruction completed by the veteran to the total number of instructional days in the period for which advance payments have been made. See Attendance Policy.