Student Complaints

FDTC takes student complaints seriously. We provide a transparent and accessible course of action for addressing concerns and issues encountered by students through our Student Complaint Process. We are committed to ensuring that every student's voice is heard and that their concerns are addressed promptly and fairly.

Florence-Darlington Technical College Process

Any individual may report an alleged violation of the Student Code of Conduct.  Faculty, Students, and Staff members are encouraged to use the Maxient Online Incident Reporting Form to report incidents by clicking the link below. Our Office of Student Conduct will conduct a follow-up investigation. Information about the various types of complaints can be found in the FDTC Student Handbook.

Report an Incident

Accrediting Agency Complaint Process

Florence-Darlington Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The Commission expects individuals to attempt to resolve issues through all means available to the complainant, including following the institution's own published grievance procedures, before submitting a complaint to the Commission. Therefore, the Commission’s usual practice is not to consider a complaint that is currently in administrative proceedings, including institutions' proceedings, or in litigation.

In order to be considered, students must follow the process outlined in the Complaints Against SACSCOC Or Its Accredited Institutions Policy Statement

South Carolina Colleges Complaint Process

In response to the recent Department of Education’s GEN-15-10, all schools that participate in Title IV aid must be properly authorized by a state entity to provide education at a postsecondary level and, where appropriate, the state must have a proper complaint process. The Student Complaint Form for the SC Technical College System can be accessed through the following link:

All students in South Carolina may file complaints with the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.  Like college accrediting agencies, the SC Commission on Higher Education expects individuals to first attempt to resolve issues through the college’s internal processes.  Complaints that have not yet been addressed internally are often sent back to the individual college where the student is enrolled. 

In order for complaints to be considered by the SC Commission on Higher Education, a formal complaint must be submitted in writing using the Commission’s Complaint Policy and Form.

Complaint Process for Out-of-State Students

Out-of-state distance learning students who would like to file a complaint with a state agency may do so with the state in which they reside. Click on your state below to access the complaint form provided by the state agency responsible for complaints regarding out-of-state distance education programs.