Registrar Services

Welcome to Registrar's Office

The Registrar's Office serves as a vital support hub for the college's faculty, staff, and students, safeguarding the integrity, confidentiality, and security of the College's educational records.

Responsibilities and Services

Change of Name or Address

It is the responsibility of every student to make all address changes through their Student Self-Service account. Please login to Self-Service, and select your profile and submit your changes. Failure to do so can cause delay in receiving refunds and other important correspondence.  Students receiving VA benefits or financial aid are responsible for reporting these changes to the respective office.

Change of Academic Major

Students desiring to change their program of study after enrolling should follow these steps:

  1. Download and Complete the Change of Major Form
  2. The completed form should be given to the new program advisor for approval and data entry.
  3. Changes of programs are ONLY processed at the beginning of a term or at the end of a term.
  4. A student who requests a change of program will be required to complete the program requirements as outlined in the Course Catalog in effect at the time of the change in program.
  5. A copy of the approved form should be submitted to the Registrar's Office. 
Drop/Add & Withdrawal


A student may add a course during the first three (3) days of the 15-week term and drop a course during the first ten (10) days of a 15-week term. A student may add a course during the first three (3) days of a 12-week and 10-week term and drop a course during the first five (5) days of a 12-week and 10-week term. A student may add a course during the first two (2) days of a 8-week term and drop a course during the first two (2) days of a 8-week term.

  • Drop/Add dates and deadlines are published in the Online Catalog Course Schedule. Courses may not be added or sections changed after the Drop/Add period.
  • Drop/Add forms are available in the Registrar’s Office located in the 5000 building.
  • It is the student’s responsibility to initiate the proper paperwork to drop or withdraw from courses. Failure to attend a course does not constitute proper procedure for dropping or withdrawing from a course; however, you will be dropped from a course if you do not attend during the first week of the semester, or submit an assignment during the first week of the semester.

Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form


Financial aid refunds are made in accordance with federal Title IV regulations. Financial aid recipients, please note that if you withdraw completely before 60% of the semester has occurred, you may owe money back to the federal government and Florence-Darlington Technical College (FDTC). If you are receiving federal student aid Title IV funds and Loans, you need to discuss course withdrawals and your financial aid status with a financial aid officer before making your decision to completely withdraw. 

See College Procedure for Attendance and Withdrawal from Course(s).

Class Cancellations

A course may be cancelled if a minimum of ten students do not enroll in a section.  If one of your courses is cancelled, you will be notified so that you can add another section or course during the Drop/Add period.


A student who does not log in, attend any classes during the first week of class, or submit the first-week assignment will be dropped as a no-show, and will be required to add a late start class for an upcoming later term.

Student Honors

The cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of the preceding semester is used to determine honors at the Commencement Ceremony. Grades for the current semester are not available in the timeframe that this information is due for the ceremony. Correct designation of honors will be displayed on the graduation credential where applicable.


Cum Laude 3.5 -   3.75
Magna Cum Laude 3.76 - 3.95
Summa Cum Laude 3.96 - 4.0
Dean's List & President's List

What is the Dean’s List and President’s List?

The college recognizes outstanding academic achievement every semester through the President’s List and Dean’s List.

Dean's List

Students who complete 12 or more credit hours and attain a 3.5 GPA with no remedial courses. Students are not eligible for the Dean's List if they are repeating courses or receive a "D" or "F" grade during the current semester.

President's List

Students who complete 12 or more credit hours and attain a 4.0 GPA  for the semester with no remedial courses. Students are not eligible for the President's List if they are repeating courses or receive a "D" or "F" grade during the current semester.

Grade Point Average (GPA)

How is my GPA calculated?

The College operates on a semester-hour credit system. Semester-hour credits represent the number of hours completed with a passing grade. Grade points are determined by the grade earned. Each grade is assigned on a "grade point equivalent" in grade points for each semester hour scheduled. All grades for attempted courses are shown on the student's permanent record. Credit hours and points are computed in the student's Grade Point Average (GPA). Credit hours and quality points will be computed in the GPA. The Grade Point System is as follows:

Grade           Quality Points
A 4
B 3
C 2
D 1
F 0

The Grade Point Average is calculated by dividing the total quality points earned by the total credit hours attempted, excluding those hours with non-punitive grades.


Talk to your Advisor to check if you're on track to finish your program and if you've completed all the courses needed for your degree or certificate.

We have Commencement Ceremonies once a year, at the end of the Spring term. If you're finishing your studies in the Fall, you can join the ceremony in the following Spring. If you're finishing in the Summer, you can apply for graduation in the Spring and walk at the ceremony, but you won't officially get your degree until you've finished all your classes.

Learn More About Graduation

Student Records

The Registrar's Office maintains student records on all actively enrolled students.  These records consist of, but are not limited to the following documents:

  • Admissions and/or Readmit Applications;
  • High School Transcripts (if applicable), College Transcripts (if applicable), Placement Test Scores;
  • Change of Curriculum Forms, Change of Name and Address Forms, Change of Grade Forms;
  • Transfer Credit Evaluations for Academic Advanced Standing (if applicable); and
  • General Admissions and Registrar Services Correspondence.

The responsibility for the protection of the privacy of student educational records rests primarily with the Registrar.  Florence-Darlington Technical College complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 and coordinates the disposition of student records with the South Carolina Department of Archives and History.

Information retained in the student's permanent academic record housed in the vault located in the Registrar Services Office may include the following:

  • academic transcripts from high school or GED certificate
  • placement test scores
  • acceptance letter
  • transcript requests
  • add/drop withdrawal form
  • change of curriculum form
  • proficiency test scores
  • change of grade form
  • progress checklists

Florence-Darlington Technical College must maintain a master academic record (transcript) for all former and current students for 75 years as noted in the Records Retention Schedule regarding this procedure.

The Registrar Office and Admissions personnel are the only staff authorized to access student records in the vault , and student records that are digitally archived.  Once a file has entered the vault or digitized in etrieve from the registrar’s office and the admissions acceptance files, it becomes a permanent student record.  A file is only removed from the vault or the digitalized files when appropriate written requests are filed with the Registrar’s Office for the purpose of re-admitting a student to the College. Etrieve is a secure centralized authentication that requires a single sign-on securing user access to student records.


What is the difference between an official transcript and an unofficial transcript?

An official college transcript is one that is sent directly from Florence-Darlington Technical College to the requestor. It bears the college seal, along with a date and official signature. Most colleges require an official record.

How do I request an official transcript?

Transcripts may be ordered online as Florence-Darlington Technical College no longer accepts paper transcript requests. FDTC has partnered with Parchment Exchange to manage the ordering, processing, and secure delivery of student transcripts.

  • The cost of each transcript order is $8.00 for electronic or paper copies.
  • Electronic transcripts cannot be forwarded to a second party.
  • You must resolve any outstanding balance owed to the college before your official transcript can be issued. If your transcript is denied due to financial obligations, it is your responsibility to submit a new request when your account is settled in the Bursar's Office.
  • Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions must be directed to the issuing institution.
  • Partial transcripts are not released. Only complete transcripts reflecting all coursework are issued.
  • Explanations for transcript content and terminology can be found in the college catalog.
  • For any student transcripts prior to 2000, please allow extra processing time. These transcripts will be processed within three business days.

How do I obtain an unofficial transcript?

Unofficial transcripts are available free of charge to current students on Student Self-Service under the Student menu.  (Please note, former students do not have access to unofficial transcripts.)

Enrollment Verification

All enrollment verifications are provided by the National Student Clearinghouse. To obtain an enrollment verification please log in to , locate Enroll Verification. You will now be able to view and print your official enrollment verification letters.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

The Registrar's Office protects student rights as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Maintenance of Student Records

FDTC also follows the guidance provided in the South Carolina Department of Archives and History General Records Retention Schedule for State Colleges and Universities. A primary function of the South Carolina Department of Archives and History is to work in partnership with state agencies and local government officials in the proper management and guidelines for the maintenance of Student Records and to identify and preserve for public access those of historical/archival value. The statutory basis for the Archives’ records management program is located in the (Code of Laws of South Carolina 1976, as amended, Sections 30-1-10 through 30-1-170).

Schedules | SC Department of Archives and History 

Still have questions? Contact Us!

Office Location

FDTC Main Campus
Building 5000
3rd Floor, Room 5318

Our Team

Genell Gause
AVP of Student Success

Delores Dingle
Assistant Registrar

Elisecia Godbolt
Graduation Specialist


Phone: 843.661.8090
Fax: 843.661.8386